Want to know more?

Lots of info - symptoms, therapies and supplements! Click here =>

www.sadaffectivedisorder.com

By the way, the picture was taken in Brazil - there's a country to cheer you!

Sunday 27 December 2009

Boxing Day Depression

I can see from the activity on the web that there were a lot of people searching for information on Boxing Day. It's a tough time of year for SAD sufferers, the depths of winter. I know, it's been a low time for me too.

Christmas is a major stress time for many people, which can accentuate the symptoms. And if you live alone or are spending Christmas apart from the ones you love that doesn't help either. If you live in the UK, then you may have heard Brian May (of Queen) speaking about depression on Radio 4 yesterday, plus an uplifting tale of someone who got hit by lightening and survived. The podcast is available at Saturday Live I think for another week until 2nd January. I found it helpful.

On the positive side, we are now past the winter solstice and the days are lengthening - got to be good news! Spring is on the way! :-)

I've got some tough personal problems to solve in 2010, but let's start by being positive- plan yourself a Happy New Year!

If you need some more help, then check out my site sadaffectivedisorder.com for some assistance.

I'm going to think about a sunny holiday I had in Brazil - that helps to cheer me up!


Rio de Janeiro from Charitas